(Sorry for the bad pictures. All I have are my cellphone and my webcam right now)
It's the right main color, but the part is zig-zag, and the wig looks flat, not natural. Definitely needs the roots!
Here you can see the roots are all over. I love how it came out.
This was my first time dyeing a wig, and while it took forever, I think it was a success!
I was asked on dw_cosplay for a tutorial, so I made a small one.
Rose Tyler Wig Tutorial.
This is my first time writing a tutorial, so bear with me.
Blonde wig (I used the Tricia wig from cosworx.com in color 24)
Sharpies (I used the limited edition Mocha Sharpie. I only needed one, but the only way I can find them is either in a 12 pack on ebay or in the variety packs.)
Rubbing alcohol in a plastic cup– 70%
Wig head/something to put the wig on.
1. - Brush out the wig and put it on your wig head.
2. -Using the large clip, clip up the majority of the hair, leaving the bottom few rows of hair down.
3. -Using your sharpie, start coloring the top ½ inch of the fiber
4. -Dip a piece of the paper towel in the rubbing alcohol, and rub it along the line where the sharpie ends before it dries, going up and down the strand (you can do this in chunks). Any line that was visible between the two colors should start to fade, creating a transition between the two colors
5. -Re-clip the hair with another row or two of hair down. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
6. -Continue repeating steps 3-5 until you reach about four inches from the part.
7. -Here, make the dark area you color a little bit longer, about ¾ inch, and continue until you reach the skin area (if you are using a skin part wig)
8. -Using the clip, separate small chunks of hair and continue coloring the roots. Make sure that you make it really dark at the base, since this part is less for depth and will be seen.
9. -Make sure you get the front of the wig and the sides. Easiest way to see if they need color is to hold the wig upside down, and check the roots.
10. -Go back and touch up any root areas that aren’t dark enough.
11. -The entire wig should now have roots.
12. - Brush out the wig. You’re done!
Some extra pictures:
Rose stole the doctor's sonic screwdriver. Shh.
What it looks like clipped up, since she wears her hair this way a few times.